Day Trip On Lesvos


Living on a touristic island has its advantages as I have mentioned in past posts. One of them is being able to go on trips and discover new places with new things to do. As both my parents work very hard in the summer we don't have a lot of time to spend with each other. Even though we have difficulties we always like to go on a trip on the other side of the island at least once in the summertime given our abundance of beautiful beaches and breathtaking places.

A few days ago, we decided to go on a little trip to Vatera with my dad, brothers and family we have visiting us from the USA.
Vatera is the longest beach in all of Lesvos as it's over 8km long and has many different little taverns and beach bars. The reason why we chose to go there was mainly that of its water games as there are several big inflatables in the sea, a great way to keep the younger kids, and us, entertained all day long.
the inflatables are pictured in the background


Even though I live here I don't always get to see things the way they are in the summer and I adore going on road trips in this beautiful weather. Feeling the heat on my face as I open the car window is the best feeling. 
my favorite spot of the car ride

The sea in Vatera is beautiful and especially when we went. A crystal clear blue so transparent I could see fishes swimming in the depth. 
The inflatables were probably the highlight as even all the adults started jumping on them. I admire young children braveness as they don't sense fear as we do. They climbed so effortlessly unto the top of this huge slide whereas an adult woman couldn't even slide down.

The day consisted of laughter and splashes and we sat down to feast on some delicious fresh fish that my dad chose out for us. 

This is why I enjoy the summer and going places with people I love. Its nice to just escape the ordinary even if it's just for a few hours.

This was just a short little blog just so I could share some experiences with you and maybe, if you visit my island, this could work as a little insight/ guide to some pretty places.
vatera

Popular Posts