My 2017 in a nutshell


A Synopsis Of My 2017

2017 was a heck of a year

 I know its almost the middle of January but I sincerely had hardly any time to write since I have been studying ever since I came back from my holiday *another blog post to come*. Anyway, being a student and living on a small island I have had interesting adventures intermittently throughout the year.





My first memory was at the beginning of the year, just before school started, we had the biggest snowfall in the village in over 40 years! It was something completely unfamiliar to me as I had never seen so much snow in my in my area before. The strangest thing was seeing snow reach the line where it touched the sea and the result was enchanting.


 After that, the next interesting

thing was my class trip to Athens. In Greece its common amongst schools that a class gets to go on a 3-4 day trip out of the island or generally somewhere other than the region you live in. We were raising money for over a year in order to pay for the most of the trip and we booked plane tickets, hotels, theaters, and museum passes with it and went for 4 days. During that trip, we had a whale of a time. We went to a zoo, went to the theater after walking for 2 hours, had arranged to go on a day trip to Epidavros, Mycenae, and Nafplio. Things didn't exactly turn out as planned but we had many laughs and we bonded as a class and got to know each other better than ever and I cherish all those moments.



As I came back from that I had another month to prepare for my Erasmus+ trip to Iceland. Okay, this trip was unbelievable, to say the least, and I still can't believe that I was a part of such an educational and beautiful, inspiring project. I won't go too much into detail but I will say that I got so in touch with Iceland as a nation and its people who were so friendly. Not to forget the friends that I made and people I got to know. People from so many countries that made me feel so happy to be a part of something that opened peoples eyes about a pressing matter in our world today.
                                                     
At the end of May, I went to sit my Proficiency Exam in English (which I passed) and shortly after we had begun our school exams and after they finished we had summer break to look forward to. Summer holidays last for 3 months here so I had a lot to look forward to.

My summer mostly consisted of going the beach in the morning, looking after my younger brother... at the beach.. and after that going to our snack bar to help out in the afternoons and then at night going for walks and drinks with friends. Yes it is quite the life isn't it, and I appreciate it so much but I know I'm not going to have many years like that to come so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
Here I have many friends who come from Athens and the UK for holidays. So I was totally looking forward to seeing them and as the came and went we made some unforgettable experiences together that I cherish. There's no need to mention names I believe they all know who they are...
this is only one photo out of
hundreds that I took this summer
I was devastated when summer ended and I really felt upset for a while thinking of the things I was going to left with as I dread the cold dull winters alone in the village. But alas I got reunited with my school friends and I was entering a new school year. 

Then as school begun we were expecting the same Erasmus+ project to visit Lesvos. I was so excited for their coming as the teachers and students coming from Iceland I knew. The same went for the Italians as I knew the students who were coming as they were the ones who were in Iceland with me. There were more students that I hadn't met before but as the project was coming to an end we had also created a friendship that I also cherish a great deal. 


For the next months of the year, I was focussing on my taekwondo and school work. As the year ended just before Christmas I went for taekwondo championships in Athens and ended the year in Bansko Bulgaria at a wonderful ski resort.

Overall this year has provided me with unforgettable experiences, friendships, memories, and accomplishments. I made myself proud and proved myself worthy of many things. I also had my downs, quite a few times but I learned to pick myself up and rise above. Writing this blog I feel happy and free to express my self and I thank my viewers who read my blogs and always have a positive response. 
In the following year, I'll thrive to be a better me, help more people in need and set goals I want to achieve. May 2017 be a year full of accomplishment, joy, love, kindness and whatever one desires.

Popular Posts