Amsterdam, June 2018


It's official! The summer holidays have started.

What a better way to begin the summer than a holiday. I was treated to an 11 day stay with my aunties, who I haven't seen in ages,  in Belgium. Because it was easier to travel to Amsterdam with the plane, we stayed there for 2 nights! what a gorgeous city.

I have never been to Amsterdam, nor Holland ever before so this was my first time visiting. I made it my mission to get nice photos so I could share them here and share my experience.


                                         




I spent a whole day in the city, taking the tram to the center. We were staying in a hotel just out of the center. The idea was to walk around the grachtes (canals) and I must say it was everything you'd expect and nicer. My first feeling when we came upon the first of them was a feeling of a child's in Disneyland. The canals, the trees, the sun, the bikes, the flowers, the atmosphere in general was fantastic. We were lucky to have had such nice weather but I still think that even with the gloomy weather the feels are the same. There weren't many people actually either which was lucky.











We walked past Anne Franks house, #TFIOS, and now I can say "I've seen that"every time a teacher talks about it.
After that, we found ourselves in the center and walked past many shops, did some shopping and then went to Dam Square and searched for a place to have lunch. Must I say, this is where everyone was hiding, you could just sit and watch the world go by. The palace as well was breathtaking and i could just feel and picture my self back in time walking into that palace.


Since we were right there, we couldn't miss the chance to go to the Red light district. Now if you know what it is then you know what I signed up for if you don't then you're too young still. Thankfully for me, I didn't see anything I didn't want to and it was rather calm. Some interesting shops must say haha. My mum wasn't impressed when she saw a pic of me there.
oh and,  lesson No 1 in Amsterdam, A COFFEE SHOP DOES NOT SELL COFEE :)


Afterward we walked to Jordan because I wanted to try the best apple pie in Amsterdam which was actually there, recommended to us by a local, and we were not disappointed at all, truly the best apple pie ever!



Overall, I must say my favourite thing in Amsterdam were the bikes, even though they were also deadly if you didn't see em coming. But as i have noticed in Belgium as well but mostly Holland, bikes are the number one means of transport. There are so many pros about this, health, environment and more. I would love it if we did that as well but that means that it wouldn't represent these countries as much.

Overall Amsterdam is such a wonderful city and you cant possibly do everything in one day. there are so many more things I want to do so that just means that I have to come back again!

Major Bosshardt

















Thank you for reading
Tina xx




Popular Posts