Habits, how we contol them


What does it take to form a new habit? and what does it take to lose a bad habit?

These are questions I have found myself recently finding the answer to. In our everyday lives, we find ourselves forming new and breaking old habits unconsciously. For example, when we wake up in the morning, what is the first thing we do? For some, it may be washing their face/brushing their teeth. for others, it may be eating breakfast. Either way, we can easily go from one activity to another in a day if something happens that causes a change to that. Like, if we are rushing one morning and we forget to have breakfast and then run straight out the door. This may lead our minds to think that we can do without breakfast first thing in the morning and we can have it later on or after we get dressed. This way, in the upcoming days we may find ourselves not wanting to have breakfast at that time and we follow the same thinking every day from then.
I am no phycologist but I have figured this out after several aims on changing my daily routine for the better.

Now, my point is if we want to change something in our lives, like our daily routine we can do it ourselves with the help of our willfulness. When I see that something isn't going right, it may upset me or it may cause a constant tiredness to occur throughout the day, I change it.
We all as conscious people have the right to change something that isn't going well for us. The problem though that most face, including myself, is the "umph" to do so. We constantly dwell on how tired we are when we stay up late online or watching Netflix. We say that we don't eat healthily and say that we should eat healthy when in a situation of choosing between a handful of grapes or a handful of fries we always go for the fries. We are the only ones that can control our lives and our actions. Therefore why should we not take it upon us when it comes to choosing a better lifestyle?

My 1-week caffeine detox!

Last week I decided to go on a caffeine detox for a week. I always indulge in a "cuppa"(cup of tea) in the afternoon when I take a break or a cup of coffee when I feel sleepy. So this week was going to be a big change for me. Yes, I have to say I really did miss tea and coffee but I also must admit that by doing this I noticed that I am not really that addicted to it and I can have other things to supplement it without caffeine like green tea. Yeah I know, this sounds like something you're told by your dietitian or those kinds of blogs about losing weight, but even so, it helped me realize that I can change a daily habit in different ways. What I learned from this little detox was that I have control over what I drink, eat and do so I can change it whenever I want.


So, let me come back to my initial question, how can you change a habit?

  1. willfulness 
  2. dedication 
  3. creativity
I add creativity because you don't have to think of a change in your life as something boring and difficult, you can try to interpret different ways as to seeing it in a different perspective and try to make the most of it. thin of the outcome, not the things there are to lose.
Everyone has a different way of dealing with these kinds of things, and it's not always easy, but this is my way and I think if you adopt that philosophy you can achieve many other things as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog.
Subscribe to be updated about new posts!!
Tina xx

Popular Posts